Website CIK Power Distributors
Cellular Communications Specialists
CIK Power Distributors, one of America’s fastest growing private companies in Orange County, is seeking a motivated and skilled Telecom Tower Technician. We are a leading specialized contractor with 15 years’ experience in power distribution. Projects range from power plants, batteries, antenna and Line MODs (COLTS, COWS, MODS, DAS systems), and Civil Work (Cx, New builds).
The Field Technician, under the direction of the Lead Technician, performs the essential telecommunication tasks of the CIK Field Teams. The Field Technician supports projects by utilizing experience and the understanding of the telecommunication industry to perform at the standard of CIK and its customers. Tasks of a Field Technician include, but are not limited to, the preparation of cell sites, the installation of cell site equipment, troubleshooting, quality audits and daily updates of work performed to the scheduling and project management teams.
- Field technician responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepping and building indoor and outdoor cell sites associated with construction, equipment and RF materials.
- Preparing new cell site equipment (indoor and outdoor) in accordance with RF Engineering Designs set forth by the carrier.
- On-site prepping for all new cell sites, new sector additions and cabinet additions.
- New Cell Deployments (NCDs), new sector additions and RF related troubleshooting.
- Identifying alarms and diagnosing the issue.
- Proficiency in test gear equipment.
- Utilizing equipment programs.
- Performing and implementing all work done to the CIK standards and quality required by customer.
- Abiding and implementing all company and OSHA safety standards.
- Reporting and maintaining proper inventory counts.
- Maintenance, organization, and cleanliness of any company issued vehicle.
- Properly maintaining and caring for all company issued tools and equipment.
- Compliance with all safety standards and certifications.
Qualifications / Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED
- Standard component rating for safety climb gear is 260 lbs.
- Ability to provide tools indicated in the offer of employment
- Driving record approved by CIK insurance carrier
- Negative drug test
- Proficient in Microsoft Office / Internet / Windows
- Understands AC / DC basic electric
- Strong sense of customer service and good customer service skills
- Experience in a Wireless Telecommunication environment
- Ability to work as a team member and communicate well with others
- Anritsu/PIM and PPC Certified preferred
- Days, Nights, Swing, Weekends, as scheduled or required
- Summer/Heat, Winter/Cold, Wet/Rain
- Outdoors and In-doors
- Elevation, Subterranean, Confined Spaces
- Local Market and Outside Local Market Area, possibly out of state
- Long Hours on Feet
- Heavy lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Bending at waist
- Repetitive pushing and pulling
If you enjoy a challenge, are team-oriented, and have a minimum of 1-year experience in a similar industry, please submit your resume.
CIK Power is an Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to provide a safe, drug-free workplace. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit package, and the excitement of a growing company on the move.