Website CIK Power Distributors
Cellular Communications Specialists
CIK Power Distributors is one of America’s Fastest Growing Companies as named by Inc. Magazine. We are a specialized telecommunication contractor providing exceptional service for all the major wireless network carriers. With offices throughout California, CIK covers customer demands throughout the western region.
CIK’s mission is to relentlessly provide superior service, product, and solutions; showing pride and ownership in the work we accomplish as a team.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for overseeing general warehouse operations and ensure all responsibilities are executed. This position will provide materials, equipment, and supplies by directing, receiving, warehousing, and distribution services in an expedient and accurate handling of merchandise into, and out of, the warehouse facility; while also supervising the warehouse staff. This includes, but is not limited to, the unloading and stocking of incoming merchandise, loading of outbound product/materials and checking, verifying, and auditing of merchandise as received. The Warehouse Manager will report directly to the General Manager and Senior Management.
Warehouse Manager Responsibilities
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Support management by acting as first line of assistance for warehouse support team.
- Direct the workflow of the warehouse team. Ensure daily operations run smoothly involving management where appropriate.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Lead warehouse associates in the performance of their duties. Provide guidance and training.
- Assign work, monitor area performance, and suggest process improvement throughout the warehouse.
- Train and coach warehouse support team on the proper execution of warehouse duties, ensure policies and procedures are always followed.
- Ensure compliance with all safety measures, guidelines, and laws. Includes distribution and acknowledgement of Weekly Safety Meeting Minutes and Bi-Weekly Toolbox.
- Coordinate daily schedules, lunches and breaks of team members to make certain the warehouse is always manned.
- Responsible for supervising the Warehouse workers.
- Process orders and requests by staging material in the designated staging areas.
- Attend to our vendors and customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Execute warehouse tasks and maintain inventory control by conducting regular stock/cycle counts as described in the Operations Manual.
- Maintain quality service by following organizational standards as described in the Operations Manual.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, staging area, and workstations neat thus complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain and care for company property (tools, equip., forklifts, pallets jacks, company vehicles, etc.)
- Provide support, assist and/or be the back-up person for the Purchasing Manager.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, to ensure an efficient and effective work environment.
- Meet expectations regarding paper work by completing and submitting reports and/or releases by the requested due date.
- Contribute to the team atmosphere by demonstrating effort and accomplishing tasks as related to this goal.
- Occasionally complete deliveries by driving company vehicle to and from vendors’ sites.
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment and vehicles; utilize a variety of hand tools as required; arrange for the maintenance and repair of warehouse equipment as needed.
- Train, provide work direction, and coordinate the schedules and activities of assigned personnel; assist in training workers in computer operations and filling, shipping and stocking supplies.
Fleet Manager Responsibilities
- Manage all service requests for vehicles
- Keep records of maintenance
- Assign fuel pins and oversee fuel cards
- DMV Administration
- Manager what vehicles to sell, purchase and/or rent
- Manage pool vehicles – ensuring vehicles are signed in and out properly and keys are returned.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Strong background in Warehouse and Logistics Management such as modern warehousing and storekeeping procedures including shipping, receiving and issuing materials, proper and orderly storage, optimum space utilization, and stock inventory procedures.
- Proven management, leadership, presentation, negotiation, team facilitation and communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong computer knowledge
- Must work well in a team environment with minimal direction.
- Experience with supervising others.
- Ability to develop new standards, budgets, and inventory control.
- Experience with managing processes and analyzing information.
- Excellent surveillance and reporting skills.
- Experience with running warehouse equipment and maintenance.
- Ability to use excellent judgment skills when needed.
- Knowledge of proper lifting techniques.
- Usual warehouse duties including lifting items or working machines that could lift heavy loads.
- Long periods of sitting, standing, or walking; Reaching and manipulating objects, tools or controls.
- Minimum to medium physical exertion.
- Knowledge on how to work heavy moving machinery.
- Typical warehouse noise levels including minimal telephone, personal interruptions, and background noises.
- Ability to lift, pull, carry or push heavy objects weighing 10 pounds to up to 75 pounds;
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching.
CIK Power Distributors is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.